1. 🚷 You can’t travel to North Korea unless you are in a guided tour group.
2. South Koreans are not permitted entry to North Korea. 🚌
3. Some tour companies such as Young Pioneers no longer taking American tourists into the country (effective as of June 2017).🛬
4. With the tour starting and ending in Beijing, and all your visa requirements taken care of, the whole process was hassle free.
5. You are safe.🍀 As long as you follow all the rules outlined to you before you enter North Korea, travel is ‘deemed safe’ in respect that you are never alone, never allowed to travel at your own will or allowed to travel outside of the designated areas where you are chaperoned by North Korean guides at all times.